Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Interlocking Wedding Rings Cookie

You probably thought I forgot about this little blog, didn't you?  Between work and my personal life, this summer has been really hectic and I just haven't had much time to blog here or on my personal blog.  I am back though, and I have a cookie tidbit for you today.
50th Golden Anniversary
I recently made these cookies for my Grandparents-in-law to have at their 50th wedding anniversary.  This is the golden anniversary, so the entire party was done in a gold and white color scheme.  For the cookies, I decided to make 4 designs.  Wedding bells, wedding cakes, circles, and interlocking wedding rings.  I initially just put two circles together for the wedding rings, but after a couple minutes it occurred to me that there was a better way to do this.  Enter this set.  The number 8 is a perfect cookie to use for interlocking rings!  You could also use the small one that comes in the Wilton 101 set. 
50th Golden Anniversary
I wasn't 100% happy with the way these came out because I was in a rush and using a consistency that I really should have thinned down, but I will be making more of these in the future for all those appropriate events. 

5 comments:

  1. You used an 8! Now that's brilliant! Gorgeous set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, they are lovely! I like the "8" idea, too. I'll bet your in-laws loved them knowing they were made with love!
    Blessings, Donna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used an 8! Brilliant! Gorgeous set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 110 plain white wedding cake cookies at home ready to decorate. My plan is 3 lines of ribbon and some type of flower. I like the look of the flower you've put on your cookies, looks simple too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, if this would include to my wedding theme, surely! all my guests and friends will surely love it! Thanks for sharing this ring idea♥

    xx
    cakes bakery in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your comments make my day!