Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Story

Where do you start for a first post on a new blog?  I guess I should start at the beginning. I love blogging.  I have been blogging since 2008 on a personal blog.  Unfortunately, as life has changed through the years, it has been neglected.  As much as I love having a personal blog, and try to update it from time to time for my family to read, it seems that it has turned into my space to discuss cookies as of late.  That is what caused me to start this separate blog to discuss my cookie hobby!  I work at a wonderful 9-5 job, but it is not a creative type.  Cookies (and my other hobbies) are my outlet to be creative when I get done with the real work each day.  This whole adventure started in November 2011, about 8 months ago.  I had stumbled upon Bake at 350s blog from a link from The Pioneer Woman.  My husband was in night school, and therefore I was stuck at the Starbucks twice a week for a few hours (we carpool).  The night I found Bridget's cute cookies, I sat and looked at just about all her posts.  This led to many a night in the Starbucks watching youtube videos about royal icing and blog hopping to tons of great cookie blogs.  It's really funny though...I didn't have any interest in trying to make my own cookies.  I just didn't think I could do it, or that I would have the time to try it.  Over the next few weeks, my attitude changed because I just couldn't get these cute cookies out of my head! I decided to buy some supplies and make some pretty Christmas cookies come December.  Boy, were those a disaster! I don't have a picture, but I wish I did!  One of the lessons I learned that day was to avoid making dough, baking, making icing, coloring icing, and icing cookies all in one day!  It's way too much! For Christmas that year, right after I swore off decorating cookies until I had a stand mixer (that hand mixer with the royal icing was about the death of me!), my inlaws gave me a beautiful KitchenAid Stand Mixer! I was so excited and ready to try again! That night, I went home and made some cookies for them (and didn't take my previous advice, haha!). 




I started my cookie journey slowly, and really didn't hit my stride until about March.  Once I hit it though, I hit it! I have been a cookie making storm ever since! I hope you enjoy reading this blog, as much as I am sure I will enjoy writing it! If you ever have any questions or something you want me to show you on here, feel free to email me or leave it in the comments.  On the sidebar you will see my other social media outlets.   I upload all my cookies up to Facebook and Flickr, and you can also always contact me for ordering information on Facebook or through email.  Lastly, if you are not signed up with the Cookiers R Us Forum, and you make cookies, you NEED to join! It is an awesome place full of inspiration, help, and friendship!  Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Jennifer! I'll be following your cookie adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good start to a great blog. I can't seem to get into the cookie thing but love looking at them. I've only decorated cookies about three times.
    I'm your first follower. Have fun and I'll be watching. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking blog Jen..glad you posted it on the forum...I am now following your blog!!!

    Roxanne
    9aka)SugarFairy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Wishes on your Great Beginning! It looks wonderful!
    Barbara
    Lov2bake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cookie Friend :-) Great job on the new blog, I look forward to seeing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your comments make my day!